JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd.
Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd. is the latest addition to the Sunterra Group of Companies. Based in Acme, Alberta, the Sunterra Greenhouse Phase 1 will incorporate 20 acres of the latest advancements in LED and high-powered sodium (HPS) technology to supply premium, locally grown strawberries and vine tomatoes year-round. Grown under glass with strictly controlled microclimate conditions, the greenhouse will provide optimal growing conditions for the plants to thrive, even in cold winter climates. The greenhouse expansion plan includes three additional phases over the next 3-5 years for a total of 70 acres, with the first phase scheduled for planting October 2021.
Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd. has a full time opportunity available for a Greenhouse Labourer. The work week will consist of approximately 40 hours, and the incumbent may be required to work some weekends and/or holidays.
Working under the direction of the Head Grower and in collaboration with other members of the greenhouse team, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Participate in the growing of plant material.
• Participate in the harvesting of fruits.
• Assist with pest management activities in the Greenhouse.
• Identify and report greenhouse structural or equipment issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Previous experience in greenhouse growing or horticulture is an asset.
• Must be a self-motivated team player and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Due to the physically demanding nature of this position, as well as the environmental working conditions, applicants must be physically fit and able to work in the greenhouse for extended periods. Incumbents must provide and wear CSA approved
footwear and successfully complete WHMIS certification training.
• Education in a related field and Pesticide Applicator’s training are definite assets.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.