JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
Sunterra is a family-owned company based in Alberta, Canada with operations in Ontario and the United States. The business is principally owned and operated by the Price Family. The Prices have been farming for three generations and have grown Sunterra into a diversified, integrated food and production business.
The company employs over 1200 staff in various roles of operations, but it remains firmly based in its family values. Our business in Iowa and South Dakota has been in operation for over 20 years and we are proud to work with many communities in both states.
Great people are the key to Sunterra’s success, and we are always on the lookout for driven individuals with a passion for pork production. As Sunterra continues to grow, we are looking for team members to further our team’s knowledge and relevance in the industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, including competitive pay, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, a cell phone and a vehicle.
Sunterra Farms is seeking a Supervisor to oversee multiple sites across our South Dakota operations. The successful candidate will attend to swine needs and delegate tasks to team members involved in multiple nurseries and/or finishers.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor and following proper nursery/grow/finish department procedures, the Multi-Site Supervisor will be responsible for:
• Performing daily site visits and labor check-ins to ensure barns adhere to procedures outlined in Sunterra Farms’ Standard Operating Procedures manual
• Working towards achieving and outperforming site goals
• Striving to maximize pig survivability
• Completing records accurately and in a timely manner
• Overseeing and responding immediately to any alarms from sites under their responsibility
• Ordering, managing and monitoring quality of feed for the site
• Ensuring animals have adequate feed, water, environment and care
• Ensuring all tasks are performed in a safe manner
• Following biosecurity protocols and maintaining a high health status on sites under their responsibility
• Monitoring pig environment and adjusting ventilation to ensure animals’ comfort
• Proper care and medication of sick or injured animals
• Following vaccination protocols
• Cleaning and disinfecting buildings according to protocol
• Proper mortality disposal as per SOP’s
• Receiving and shipping pigs as per schedule and follow procedures
• Ensuring the inside and outside of barns are presentable
• Performing preventive and basic maintenance on site
• Performing and completing wash and mechanical audits, Spring and Fall checklists, CSIA compliance, and related audits/checklists
• Working with Field Service staff to set up barns, med deliveries, scheduling, marketing and other related activities
• Training and organizing staff
• Planning, assigning and directing work
• Resolving problems among staff, load crews and/or pressure washing crew if not performing duties
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Previous Nursery/Finishing/Sow Farm experience is considered an asset
• Ability to lift 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis and climb over gates up to 4-feet in height
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in written form
B.S. degree, Associate’s degree, or equivalent degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.