JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
Sunterra is a family-owned company based in Alberta, Canada with operations in Ontario and the United States. The business is principally owned and operated by the Price Family. The Prices have been farming for three generations and have grown Sunterra into a diversified, integrated food and production business.
The company employs over 1200 staff in various roles of operations, but it remains firmly based in its family values. Our business in Iowa and South Dakota has been in operation for over 20 years and we are proud to work with many communities in both states.
Great people are the key to Sunterra’s success, and we are always on the lookout for driven individuals with a passion for pork production. As Sunterra continues to grow, we are looking for team members to further our team’s knowledge and relevance in the industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, including competitive pay, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, a cell phone and a vehicle.
Sunterra Farms is seeking a Service Manager to lead production and marketing for 60,000+ swine spaces per year in South Dakota. The successful candidate will maintain excellence in industry standards by providing direct supervision of a nursery-grow finish system, contract growers and barn labor teams. They will also oversee productivity, financial and employee management goals.
Directing and leading a team of growers and barn laborers, the Service Manager will be responsible for:
• Scheduling efficiency
• Inventory management
• Implementation of standard operating procedures
• Identification of improvement areas and follow-through
• Monitoring of key priorities such as pig placements, biosecurity, health, medication and vaccine usage, pig flow, marketing, etc.
• Regular and accurate reporting of results and action plans
• Technical development, leadership development and performance monitoring
• Training and developing employees and growers on Sunterra’s SOPs
• Interacting closely with the senior management team to review current and future contractual relationships
• Working effectively with feed mill managers, nutritionist, veterinarians, partners involved in the grow finish process, agronomy, transportation, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Proven and effective leadership experience
• Strong relationship building, persuasion, influence and conflict resolution skills
• Extensive farm management experience
• High level professionalism and leadership skills
• Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Effective communication skills and experience exercising independent thinking and judgment
• Ability to use teamwork to promote excellence
• Ability to travel with position responsibilities
• Effective communication and organization skills
• Ability to lift 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis
B.S. degree, Associate’s degree, or equivalent degree from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.