JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
Packhouse Team Member
Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd.
Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd. is the latest addition to the Sunterra Group of Companies. Based in Acme, Alberta, alongside the Sunterra Farms Head Office and Soleterra d’Italia, Sunterra Greenhouse Phase 01 will incorporate 20 acres of the latest advancements in LED and High-Powered Sodium (HPS) technology to supply premium, locally grown strawberries and vine tomatoes year-round. Grown under glass with strictly controlled microclimate conditions, the greenhouse will provide optimal growing conditions for the plants to thrive, even in cold winter climates. The greenhouse expansion plan includes three additional phases over the next 3-5 years, for a total of 70 acres.
Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd. has a full-time opportunity available for a Packhouse Team Member. The packhouse area of Sunterra Farms Greenhouse is an important and dynamic area.
Team members are the last people to ensure that our consumers enjoy fresh, high-quality products. Sunterra Farms Greenhouse Ltd. is committed to delivering exceptional quality produce and you will help us in achieving these goals.
The work week will consist of approximately 40 hours, and the incumbent may be required to work some weekends and/or holidays.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the roles and responsibilities of the Packhouse Team Member include but are not limited to:
• Place produce into the required package as determined by the Operations Manager and the packing schedule
• Ensure the quality of the produce meets the standard for the employer; this will include quality, size, weight, and colour
• Meet or exceed the average speed for packing
• Ensure the box and package weight is achieved for each container
• Ensure the sticker coverage meets the standard for the supplier
• Speed is essential, but quality is your first priority
• Comply with CanadaGAP food safety program
• Support with cleaning and sanitation as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Previous experience in a packing line is considered an asset
• Must be a self-motivated team player and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Due to the physically demanding nature of this position, as well as the environmental working conditions, applicants must be physically fit and able to work in the packhouse for extended periods
• Incumbents must provide and wear CSA approved footwear and successfully complete WHMIS certification training.
• Education in a related field is an asset.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.