JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
The Sunterra Group of Companies is a dynamic organization that comprises pig production, crop production, greenhouse operations (Sunterra Farms), pork processing (Sunterra Meats), retail locations (Sunterra Market) and Italian cooked and cured meats production (Soleterra d’Italia). Sunterra is dedicated to growing, processing, and marketing quality food products – from our carefully managed farming operations to our unique processors to our enthusiastic and innovative retail team.
The Sunterra Group of Companies is a dynamic organization that comprises pig production, crop production, greenhouse operations (Sunterra Farms), pork processing (Sunterra Meats), retail locations (Sunterra Market), Italian cooked and cured meats production (Soleterra d’Italia), and greenhouse operations (Sunterra Farms Greenhouse). Sunterra is dedicated to growing, processing, and marketing quality food products – from our carefully managed farming operations to our unique processors to our enthusiastic and innovative retail team.
Sunterra has a full-time opportunity available for a Payroll Administrator to join our payroll team. The successful applicant will be responsible for payroll functions for various Sunterra Group companies and will work at our office space located just outside the village of Acme, Alberta.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly full cycle payrolls for Canadian and US employees accurately and on time using inhouse payroll/accounting software
• Process new hires, employee lifecycle changes, terminations and ROEs as required.
• Review and ensure accuracy of approved time and attendance
• Comply with company policies, procedures, and internal payroll controls to ensure accurate payroll processing
• Administrate garnishees, employee receivables, EFTs, and Receiver General
• Responsible for maintaining the personnel files and related documentation
• Compile and prepare weekly payroll reports for management
• Administer Health Care Spending Accounts, including adjudication of claims, payments, and month end reconciliations
• Benefits administration including enrollments, life changes, terminations, account balancing and reconciliations
• Point of contact for all stakeholders responding to payroll and benefits-related inquiries (phone, e-mail or in person)
• Maintain payroll SOPs for efficient workflow
• Conduct year end payroll reconciliations and reporting to complete W2s, T4s, and WCB remittances
• Assist other payroll team members as required to ensure payroll accuracy and on time delivery
• Collaborate with payroll team members to problem solve, build efficiencies, and improve workflow
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Experience processing US payroll considered an asset
• Minimum of two years full cycle payroll experience required
• Comprehension of accounting principles including reconciliations, year-end preparations, journal entries and general ledger reporting
• Knowledge of legislation and employment standards as it applies to payroll
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Suite with intermediate Excel
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
• Proven diligence to protect and maintain critical confidential information
• Aspire to continuous learning of legislation, employment standards and best business practices
• Must have solid organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to work well under pressure in fast paced team environment
• Capacity to be flexible and open to change
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation (Canadian Payroll Association)
• Post-secondary education of a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Human Resources, Accounting or a related field is an asset
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.