JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
Service Manager/Production Manager
Sunterra Farms is a family-owned company based in Alberta, Canada, with operations also in the United States. The Sunterra Group of Companies have grown from a small herd of pigs into a diversified, integrated food and production business.
The company employs over 1,000 team members in various types of operations, but it remains firmly rooted in its family values. Our business in Iowa and South Dakota has been in operation for over 20 years and we are proud to work with many communities in both states.
Great people are the key to Sunterra’s success, and we are always on the lookout for driven individuals with a passion for pork production. As Sunterra continues to grow, we are looking for team members to further our team’s knowledge and relevance in the industry.
The Sunterra Farms Service Manager/Production Manager will direct and lead a team of contract growers and Sunterra-employed barn staff in the day-to-day operation of swine production.
• Scheduling responsibilities.
• Implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Monitoring of key priorities; for example: pig placements, biosecurity, health, medication and vaccine usage, pig flow, marketing etc.
• Regular and accurate reporting of results to plans.
• Identify areas of opportunity and develop plans to maintain results.
• Be a part of and work closely with the management team to review and decide the best options for current and future contractual relationships.
• Work effectively with organizational partners responsible for providing inputs to the grow-finish process, feed mill managers, nutritionists, veterinarians, agronomy, transportation etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Experience in a field manager’s role (Grow-Finish) with proven strong, effective leadership experience.
• Strong relationship building, persuasion, influence and conflict resolution skills required.
• Extensive farm management experience is an asset.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and leadership skills.
• The ability to manage time and priorities in a fast-paced changing environment is essential.
• Effective communication skills and experience in exercising independent thinking and judgment required.
• This individual will have the ability to foster teamwork to promote excellence.
Two- or four-year degree in an agriculture-related field is preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.