JOIN THE SUNTERRA COMMUNITY
Service Manager - South Dakota
Parkston, South Dakota
Sunterra is a family-owned company based in Alberta, Canada with operations in Ontario and the United States. The business is principally owned and operated by the Price Family. The Prices have been farming for three generations and have grown Sunterra into a diversified, integrated food and production business.
The company employs over 1100 staff in various roles of operations, but it remains firmly based in its family values. Our business in Iowa and South Dakota has been in operation for over 20 years and we are proud to work with many communities in both states.
Great people are the key to Sunterra’s success, and we are always on the lookout for driven individuals with a passion for pork production. As Sunterra continues to grow, we are looking for team members to further our team’s knowledge and relevance in the industry.
The Sunterra Farms Service Manager will direct and lead a team of contract growers and Sunterra-employed barn staff in the day to day operation of swine production.
• Scheduling responsibilities.
• Implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Monitoring of key priorities ex: pig placements, biosecurity, health, medication and vaccine usage, pig flow, marketing etc.
• Regular and accurate reporting of results to plans
• Identify areas of opportunity and develop plans to maintain results
• Be a part and liaises closely with the management team to review and decide the best options for current and future contractual relationships.
• Work effectively with organizational partners responsible for providing inputs to the grow finish process, feed mill managers, nutritionist, veterinarians, agronomy, transportation etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• 2 + years’ experience in a field managers role (Grow-Finish) with proven strong, effective leadership experience.
• Strong relationship building, persuasion, influence and conflict resolution skills required.
• Extensive farm management experience is a plus.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and leadership skills.
• Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced changing environment is essential.
• Effective communication skills and experience in exercising independent thinking and judgment required.
• This individual will have the ability to foster teamwork to promote excellence.
Two or four year degree in an Agricultural related field is preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.